Agfa Graphics logra gran éxito con Fortuna 11 que es un software que incrementa la productividad y la creatividad
On February 15, Agfa Graphics released Fortuna 11 – the latest update of its design and assembly software for high-security printing. Providing a way to skillfully safeguard counterfeit-sensitive documents, this version focuses on enhanced user-friendliness, productivity and creative freedom. “It’s the first step towards a completely revised user experience,” reveals Andy Grant, Global Head of Software at Agfa Graphics.
Fortuna in a nutshell
Like all preceding versions of the software, Fortuna 11 takes a modular approach to high-security design and printing: users can choose from different modules and features to assemble their product to match their needs. In creating unique designs to protect their sensitive documents – checks, lottery tickets, driver’s licenses, ID cards, tax stamps, passports, birth certificates, diplomas, breeder documents, etc. – they can rely on a potent graphical base editor that reconciles aesthetics with security.
A new interactive user experience
Fortuna 11 comes with two new functionalities that enhance interactivity and productivity. One of them – Live Preview – enables users to view changes in their security designs in real time instead of checking it in a separate preview window. It works hand in hand with the new Smart Stepper functionality, which allows users to try out different settings and easily revert to previous ones.
“Agfa Graphics is constantly exploring new paths to help customers stay a few steps ahead of counterfeiters,” Andy Grant comments. “Fortuna 11 focuses on an improved user experience by enabling security designers to create high-security design details in complete symbiosis with all surrounding security elements. And we’ll continue adapting the software to increase design productivity. Also, Agfa Graphics plans to launch new software to further facilitate and automate the production process of qualitative high-security documents.”
Boasting over 20 years of experience
Building on decades of experience in high-security design and confidentiality, Agfa Graphics also included fixes and other updates in Fortuna 11. The software will now run more smoothly with Wacom tablets and on computers with touch screens, for example.
“This version is the first step toward an entirely revised user experience. And we will continue developing Fortuna’s user interface to meet ever-evolving needs,” Andy Grant concludes.
Impresor de la isla francés La Reunión instala una prensa KBA
ICP-Roto Industrie Graphique, a commercial and newspaper printing house on the French island of La Reunion, has installed a new Cortina from Koenig & Bauer.
The Cortina has an automatic reelstand, an ultra-compact printing tower, an efficient hot-air dryer system, a flexible superstructure and two semi-commercial jaw folders. This press line incorporates numerous automation modules such as the Patras A reel-loading system, automatic plate and circumference change, CleanTronic washing systems and RollerTronic roller locks, as well as color and cut-off register controls. “The Cortina is definitely much easier to operate than conventional offset presses,” says technical director Philippe Van Damme.
Kodak Anuncia el lanzamiento de INSITE Preprensa Portal 9.0
Kodak is pleased to announce the launch of KODAK INSITE Prepress Portal 9.0 (IPP), featuring an all new user interface that delivers a simplified, intuitive and real-time proofing experience while minimizing errors, removing unexpected costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
INSITE Prepress Portal reduces cycle times with 24/7 access to communication and job status, minimizing traditional proofing requirements and ultimately decreasing costs.
INSITE Prepress Portal 9.0 Highlights Include:
- New user interface is simplified, easy to navigate and intuitive, delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
- Navigation through important sections including jobs and pages is streamlined, allowing users to see a job summary while viewing specific details without leaving the webpage.
- Enhanced Preview Preferences allow for customized capability functions, resulting in easy approvals of page sets, signatures and individual versions when using Layered PDF Versioning function within KODAK PRINERGY Workflow.
- Ability to brand and personalize webpages along with individual customer pages.
Additionally, Kodak also released updates to the KODAK PRINERGY On-Premise Software platform, featuring PRINERGY Workflow 8.2 with expanded digital connectivity for a broader range of devices.
PRINERGY Workflow 8.2 Software Platform Highlights Include:
- Expanded digital connectivity with KODAK CREO Servers which includes the KONICA MINOLTA IC-314 driven devices, as well as greater support for RICOH Pro C7200 series digital presses.
- PRINERGY Device Track complete with Job Ticket Editor now features seamless Bi-Directional JDF communication with KODAK XPO Software Print Console and CTP devices.
- Improved packaging capabilities including MAXTONE SX Screening for four-color applications, delivering higher resolution and greater control.
- KODAK PREPS Imposition Software now allows users to edit in template mode, providing flexibility in duplicating and modifying templates for seamless transitions from legacy versions of PREPS.
- KODAK PANDORA Step-and-Repeat Software with Packaging Layout Automation (PLA) now offers multi-CAD file support for combination runs. Packaging Printers and Converters can shorten cycle times for multiple jobs by combining items on a single sheet layout and maximizing sheet usage.
“These new releases show Kodak’s commitment to delivering software solutions that save time and reduce costs while driving superior levels of customer satisfaction. By streamlining the user experience, expanding our digital device compatibility and delivering unprecedented value to the packaging segment, Kodak is pioneering the future of end-to-end Software solutions for industry growth segments,” said Allan Brown, Vice President and General Manager of Kodak’s Unified Workflow Solutions. “Providing innovative solutions for operational flexibility and excellence is at the heart of what Kodak stands for, which ultimately leads to growth and bottom line profitability.”